The department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry at CHIPS ensures to provide Quality education to its students by imparting basic knowledge for easy understanding of principles involved in Herbal Drug Science along with practical skills by training them on morphological and microscopical evaluation of crude drugs, isolation of Phytopharmaceuticals and excipients, Research, Quality Measures to safeguard the environment by cultivation of medicinal plants.
1. To impart knowledge on basic principles of Herbal Drug Science.
2. To teach different levels of Pharmacognosy, from Sources of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals to isolation of phytopharmaceuticals and their evaluation.
3. To create awareness on advanced techniques of Drug development from natural sources and Research by conducting Live Demonstrations and Audio-Visual presentations.
4. To create awareness on Lab safety Precautions, Handling techniques, Hazardous crude drugs usage and their proper disposal for maintaining Clean and Green environment.
5. To involve Experiential Learning by conducting laboratory experiments to the students.